20191030

Day 1,881

The room smelled like she hadn't let anyone out in a while or let any fresh air in this century. I could see a fee of her leftovers and formers slouched in the dark, heads as limp and bruised as their broken legs.

I made a mental note not to run.

Shed been crouched over one of them - a much older one, possibly her eldest - since before o woke up. She didn't even realise I was awake until I started gagging on the stench that drifted over from them both.

Her neck audibly snapped as she turned towards me.

I could just about see her arms from that angle, elbow deep in the corpses mouth as black slime poured from its broken jaw. Without breaking eye contact she slowly retreated, hands clasping a small parcel.

Thick clumps of slime fell from it, hissing as they hit the floor.

I didn't move when she approached me - I couldn't. Her stained fingers gently pried my mouth open and she placed the small parcel on my tongue, letting it dissolve and seep into me.

As everything started to fade away I felt a lump growing in the base of my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment