20191103

Day 1,884

Nanna once told me to never get the train at night, she said that everything after dark is for the dead and damned but whatever just got onto the train was something else entirely. We weren't even at an actual top, we'd just stopped in the middle of a bridge right by a scrapyard and the doors opened up.

It didn't step onto the train, it sort of flowed or oozed on like a slug made of fresh tarmac. There wasn't a face to it but I still felt like I was being watched as it attempted to sit across a row of seats further down from me. It struggled at first and eventually gave up and just squatted in place with one dripping limb clutching onto the upper rail.

With a brief glance around I saw others like it heading into the other carriages and I wondered how the other people were faring, if there were any others at all. I still felt like I was being watched by it so I did what Nanna did best and tried to sound as calm as possible.

Lovely night for it.

I was so tense I swear I heard my teeth creaking as I clenched my jaw and prepared for the worst. All I got was a slight inclination from the headish area of the thing and suddenly the air felt ten times lighter. Seems like we were both a bit nervous.

Soon enough the doors shut and I was trapped with an barely comprehensible being.

Could have been worse though.

Could have been a drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment