20191207

Day 1,918

It's hard to say when or where I picked it up or if it's been dormant inside me all my life. All I know for sure is that I went to bed with a stomach ache and started losing a lot of weight over the next few weeks. All the symptoms pointed to a tapeworm but I know it can't possibly be that simple.

I can hear its thoughts like they're my own and it's always so very hungry. I'm used to it now - I barely flinch when it tells me I should gouge someone's eyes out with my keys and pop them into my mouth. Apparently they'd taste just like grapes.

I buy grapes to help ease its eyeball-cravings but that's just a fraction of its overall appetite. More often than not the things it asks for involve murdering someone or several someones and eating regular food only shuts it up for an hour or two at most.

All I dream about is taking great bites out of chubby cheeks or carving a juicy slice of thigh or crunching teeth like boiled sweets. Every now and then I'll look at someone and feel a sharp pang of hunger. I'll think how delicious they look and it makes me feel like a monster.

And the thing in my body only cheers me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment