20191224

Day 1,936

Every year when we hear the bells toll out on the moors where the old church used to stand, we are compelled. Everyone has their own compulsions ranging from boiling water to pulling out a set number of teeth and like all things they're mostly good with a hearty splash of just plain wrong thrown in.

My compulsion changed last year and I never told anyone. We're not supposed to talk about them full stop but some are more public than others. Mine has always been a private one - cutting out exactly three floorboards and burning them in the cellar furnace.

Last year I found myself walking out to the old church and waiting for Jacinda to come and carve her name the stones as she was compelled to. I waited for her and I ambushed her and I cut her into three pieces.

I was so used to burning wood that I made sure to keep a lighter and liquid fuel in my pockets. It came in handy when I took her down to the crypt and burnt her.

It's unspoken but agreed that if we kill after the bells toll then we aren't responsible for it. Doesn't mean I'll ever say that I know where Jacinda is or what happened.

I don't know who ill meet at the old church tonight but I know they won't leave. I've made sure that Jacinda's knife is already sharpened and waiting for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment