20200113

Day 1,956

They kept telling me it was a human child but I know that's not what I killed. Nothing can call itself human and have that many teeth - row upon row like a shark's mouth and a few hundred strung around its neck like tiny trophies from all the missing children in the area.

I only shot at it when I recognised one from my daughter who was spending the week with her dad up north. She'd always had this thing about putting glittery nail polish on her teeth so the tooth fairy would pay her more because they were so sparkly.

And now this creature was wearing her tooth on its necklace and I realised that I hadn't spoken to her for nearly three days. Her dad made excuses like she'd just gone to bed, she was out with her grandparents or she was too busy playing in the garden.

But I knew she'd gone missing like all those other kids and it was all his fault but I'd get the blame for being stupid enough to let him have her for a week. So I thought that if I killed the creature I'd have proof that he was the negligent one and that it had taken her too.

Instead I was surrounded by cops in less than an hour and told I was a murderer.

Worse still, no more kids are going missing and they're trying to blame me for that too.

I already killed the monster - I am a good person!

No comments:

Post a Comment