20200229

Day 2,001

It smiled at us. We thought it was friendly.

It laughed at our jokes. We thought it could understand us.

It played games with us. We thought it was a child.


We thought it was a child right up to the point where it opened its eyes and opened its eyes again, showing us everything we'd lived through so far and everything we were yet to experience. I didn't know my eight year old self could handle so much pain until I look back and remember what I have to look forward to.


In three days time it'll be the end of the world. The thing we thought was a child will be all grown up and ready to tear our dimension in half to let its parents come through. There'll be more of them than we could ever hope to handle and they'll all have so much to show us.


Out of all of us who met the thing when it was a child, I'm the last one standing. Most of us lost it in the first week after we saw everything. Some held out til a month, then a year, then ten years and now I'm trying to hold out for two more days.


Just two.

I refuse to be there when it ends everything I've ever known and loved.

It's showed me what to expect and I'd rather leave the party early.

No comments:

Post a Comment