20200503

Day 2,064

There's not much known about the factories on the outskirts of Chilhaven other than their biowaste bins are always overflowing and you never see the same worker twice. Nobody knows what they make, how they make it or who even owns the site - all our online research brings up the same puppet company used by several dozen "goods manufacturing plants" that still don't say what the goods are.

A couple of die-hard investigators I know actually spent five days following one of the lorries they transport their goods in only to somehow lose it on a tiny country road way up north. Now they're convinced that there's some kind of secret underground base or the lorry somehow flew or turned invisible or the local farmers are in on some big government secret.

All I know is I somehow managed to secure an interview there even though I never applied for it. This was meant to be my big chance to uncover what it is that they're doing and why they have such massive amounts of biowaste that reeks to high heavens yet never attracts flies or rodents.

I definitely went in for that interview and I probably spoke to their manager or foreman and maybe even toured the factory floor but all I remember is driving in and driving out. Whatever happened in the five hours I was in there left me feeling weak and dizzy for several days.

When I eventually went to my doctor about it they found I was about a pint of blood lower than normal and a few scans later told them I was missing one kidney and a significant portion of my liver. Half of me wonders if I'm just more biowaste left outside for collection, half of me wonders if I'm part of their product.

Either way they sent me a parcel this morning.

I hope I get the courage to open it before my next interview.

Apparently I show great potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment