20200507

Day 2,068

I buried my axe in its head yesterday and today I saw it smile at me. I know it takes them a little longer to die than humans but I watched its brain leak out onto the pavement. It made a hissing sound when it came into contact with the tarmac.

I know that if it's still able to smile or move it's eyes tomorrow I'll have to break out the petrol and matches but I'd rather not make things any worse. Its bad enough that the road around it is collapsing into a half-dissolved pile of mush.

Burning is always supposed to be a last resort as it sets their spores free and much as I'm loathe to admit it, I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and burn us both. Better to go up in flames than slowly choke to death and errupt into ten thousand tiny copies of the damned things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment