20200512

Day 2,074

"With all the accidents that happen on the A12 it's a wonder that there's not any ghosts like you hear about everywhere else." she wondered aloud to me like she always seemed to around this date. It was the same similar remark just thrown into the otherwise tranquil quiet of the car.

As always, I smiled and shrugged. If she hasn't realised I'm dead after seven years I doubt she'd realise it this time. Even when we drive past the spot where she ploughed into me didn't so much as rustle the memory of her bonnet pinning me to the now-broken tree.

Nice to see they still put flowers out for me. Little cards too. I've never been able to read them or even know who they're from, what with my soul being stuck in her car, but I like to think my family's still remembering me. She sure as hell hasn't - thinks I'm a dear friend.

I've given up trying to get her to crash, I'm not quite solid enough to yank the steering wheel and she's given up on alcohol since that night. All I've got to rely on is her early morning tiredness and maybe distracting another driver enough that they'll hit her like she hit me.

See how she likes being the eternal passenger in her murderer's car.

No comments:

Post a Comment