20200519

Day 2,081

When I was younger I refused to use the upstairs bathroom, from the moment I knew how to dislike something I absolutely hated it. My parents gave up and eventually installed a tiny shower downstairs and that was the end of that as far as they were concerned.

I didn't know what I was seeing but I knew that nobody would believe me and even to this day I know I was better off not telling anyone in my family what I was seeing. It only became an issue when I saw it peering around the bathroom door, bloated fingers clutching the fram so hard it creaked while water endlessly ran from their mouth.

Even after I'd gone away for uni I couldn't stop thinking about those bloodshot green eyes and that gaping mouth looking directly at me. It's always known that I can see it but it never did anything more than playfully try to grab my clothing, mostly it just lay in the bathtub staring at whoever was in the room.

I had no idea it could leave and I was too much of a coward to do or say anything more than suggest that they get rid of a tub that nobody uses. When I got the news last week that my parents had died I knew it was all my fault, I knew it overheard and decided to act before they could.

A water pipe broke, short-circuited the mains and the whole place went up in smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment