20200612

Day 2,104

I don't know how my parents found that theme park but going there was the single worst decision of our lives. We haven't been able to find it since, no matter how many times we retrace our route there, how many hours we search the woods or how many forums we post on begging for any information people have on that place.

It's like it never existed but know it did - it took my little sister.

We were on one of those teacup rides where you control how fast it spins you, just me and her and one of the park mascots. There was one in every ride and we always seemed to sit in the same cart or row as one which we just thought was a weird coincidence.

She was there with me, begging for us to go faster and faster and then gloved hands yanked her away. I couldn't stop the ride, couldn't jump after her, couldn't do anything more than scream and try to fight against the mascot that grabbed my hands as soon as she was taken.

When the ride eventually stopped the mascot let go and went back to looking like a statue, just like they all did while I ran to find our parents. At first they didn't believe me but after a while of waking through the ride and nearby crowd looking for her, they began to panic too.

No matter how many times announcements were made on the tannoy, no matter how many other families we roped into helping us look we never found so much as a trace of her. When we went back the next day all we saw was a tarmac square where the car park had been and nothing else but the dense forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment