20200627

Day 2,119

It's hard to remember what having sight was like since the colony took over my body. Eyes weren't really necessary when the swarms could see for me so they ate my eyes and replaced them with solid nest walls to help protect the broodmother who now rests somewhere in my brain.

I feel her moving from time to time, sending sharp jolts of agony through me and disrupting my every function until she settles again. She's been moving a lot recently. I think one of her daughter's must have found her and is slowly eating away at her.

She will consume and replace her maker - the broodmother, just as her mother did before her and her mother before her for as long as the colony has existed within me. One day I'll get used to this upheaval but for now I try to brace myself and keep the damage caused by the seizures to a minimum, to protect the colony... my colony.

Nature is so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment