20200729

Day 2,151

The phonograph in father's office keeps playing by itself. None of the songs sound like any of the cylinders he has on display - they barely sound like music at all and he refuses to believe me when I tell him that the names it says between all the strange instruments and guttural intonations are always found dead in the morning.

It seems to be picking them at random, I've certainly found no correlation myself save for the fact that they live in the nearby villages. The thought occurs to me that the connecting factor might be our manor or perhaps they've done business with father at some point in their lives but I can hardly ask him about this without implicating him as the source for their deaths.

I can only listen to it every night and hope it never says my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment