20200904

Day 2,188

We found her in the upper ballroom about three hours after we practically ransacked the entire theatre looking for her and the thing that had dragged her away. We only caught a glimpse of barbed claws snagging the back of her shirt but it looked bloody enormous and honestly I just wanted to leg it back to the van and call it quits.

The others persuaded me to stay, said that Cassie would have done the same for us and we outnumbered it anyway. I didn't feel reassured until we all had something we could weaponise - I found a broken fire extinguisher, empty but weighty enough to break bones I reckoned.

I know we checked the upper ballroom fairly early on, following the trail of scratches it left on the ceiling as it skittered across with Cassie in tow. I know it was empty and that all the chairs were shoved to one side like the whole room had been tilted. I know we heard her yelling from one of the floors below us a few seconds before we found her.

No comments:

Post a Comment