20201006

Day 2,220

 The market meets in the out-of-service underground stations every night at 23:37 until midnight. They let you buy back whatever they've stolen for a hefty price that people gladly pay - none of them would ever even consider putting prices on what they lose but they are desperate to have it back.

Not everyone wants their losses back though, I know I wish I hadn't paid so dearly for mine. They took a year of my life - the worst year of my life - that I begged them to take and the bastards knew I'd try to buy it back and suffer for it.

I swapped the last twelve years of my life for the missing one because I just had to know what happened to everyone. Can you imagine waking up one day to an empty house and a town full of pitying stares and silence? It was far more bearable than knowing where the pity came from and where my family went.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the market to get rid of that year and this time I'm prepared to wake up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment