20201010

Day 2,224

Maybe they were angels once. Maybe they're here to bring us closer to God and this is some kind of rapture That's what I told myself when the winged bastards tore through the streets at night, racing towards every church they could find and killing anyone stupid enough to still be in there after all the deaths before.

I'm not naive. I just want to try and have a little hope that I'll wake up in a better place where the drains aren't clogged with viscera and little winged humanoids aren't the leading cause of death for a fairly large portion of the world.

When they were first sighted everybody around here went off the rails and you couldn't get into any church for miles around for all the newcomers eagerly praying for a ticket to heaven. I mean, they got their wish in a twisted kind of way.

I know they aren't going to heaven though, I've been seeing new winged ones with facesI recognise. Somehow they're reborn like they prayed for - not in God's new kingdom though - back in the world the were so eager to abandon for paradise only now their sole purpose seems to be mass homicide.

In spite of all this, the churches are still full at every safe moment, as if praying will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment