20201115

Day 2,261

 It's been slowly opening the door for weeks and no matter how hard I try I can't close it any more. I can open it fully without any problem but it refuses to move any further than about eight inches from shut. I could live with a weird door, no worries, but the door isn't really the problem here.

It's what I can see waiting just behind the door that's the problem.

Not that I can see too much of it but the glimpse that I get is more than enough to convince me to break the lease and move out asap. Nothing should have that many teeth in that many mouths and mouths have no right to move about like that whatsoever, all smiling like it's having the time of its life.

I'm sure my absolute terror is hilarious to something like that.

The worst of it is the fact that it's the bathroom door and my flat is so small there's just the one bathroom so I've got no choice but to make awkward eye contact and watch the door open just that tiny little bit further every single day.

Every. Single. Day.

It's recently started to breath as well. Each mouth inhales and exhales and has the worst breath I've ever smelled. It's like it eats shit and rotting meat and doesn't digest any of it, just lets it ferment and spews out a goddamned miasma that makes me want to vomit every time I have to shower.

I'm starting to get to the point where I want to confront it, wrench the door open and face it.

Give it a few more months and I know the door won't close any more. By then I'll either be dead or long gone and it'll be someone else's problem. I wonder if it resets when a new tenant arrives or if they'll go to close the bathroom door and see it waiting there for them, all grinning mouths and putrid breath.

Either way, it won't be my problem for much longer - that much I'm certain of.

No comments:

Post a Comment