20201121

Day 2,266

I know I'm looking up at the sky, I'm sure I'm looking up at the sky but I can't help feeling I'm looking down into a chasm instead. It's pitch black, has been for weeks now and the whole world can't stop talking about where the sun went, why we aren't frozen and when the final day will come.

It's like we're all waiting for the proverbial ball to drop and put an end to all the tension that's been building. Nobody's even looting anymore, nobody's going outside either. They're all just waiting by their windows for something. Anything.

I can't stand being inside any more, I boarded up the windows and doors from the outside and set myself upon the street. I used to hear my family yelling for me, begging me to come back in but now there's just silence. Silence and staring til I feel like I'm falling down the chasmic sky and into the void that's always been there, calling for us.

It feels closer with every passing minute and my gut tells me we won't be waiting for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment