20201212

Day 2,287

From a distance it looks like a little blue orb of light, something cute and fairy-like as if it was taken right from the pages of a children's storybook. Less than an hour ago it killed my best friend, left him a shriveled husk of a thing so dry his limbs turned to dust.

Apparently our walk home from studying at the university library that we did every couple of days now took us right through its new hunting grounds. We both saw it patrolling around us, thought it was some kid with a toy trying to prank us until it shot towards him and he died.

I've been sprinting through as many alleys as I can find, doubling back on myself and running loop after loop of the estate to throw it off and all I've managed to do it buy myself a few moments before it inevitably finds me. There are surprisingly few places to hide around here.

I can't go home and risk bringing it to kill my flatmates as will, can't risk heading into a more populated area or going to the police for the same reason. All I can do it stay crouched in the bin shed close to where he died and hope it didn't see me duck in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment