20201215

Day 2,290

Seems like there's always something rotting outside nowadays. It never used to be like this, you know. There used to be sunlight all day and darkness all night and all the rotting things were so very far away that we never even realised just how broken the world was becoming.

I used to spend my spare time looking through old photo albums and remembering how placid life once was. Hurts too much to see those dear faces now - hurts too much to do a lot of things now and I reckon I'm just as rotten as the remnants of that deer I saw out by the pub gardens.

Somehow I'm managing to hide it well enough that not even our Sara notices anything wrong when she comes for her daily check-in. Perhaps the changes on the outside are so gradual she won't notice until I collapse into gray meat and grayer maggots one day.

I know the little buggers are already inside me. My skin started crawling three days ago and this morning I saw them moving right beside my veins. One day I might have the courage to take a knife to one of these writhing spots and set the little buggers free but at the moment I'm content just to watch and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment