20201222

Day 2,297

The ghost spat blood at me, or rather he tried to. Being incorporeal was far harder for them to grasp than the realisation that they had died. More often than not a ghost will firstly try to carry on with their old lives out of habit if not lack of anything else to do.

With enough time they lose interest in their old lives and old loved ones, turning to torment over habit and wreaking as much havoc as they possibly can. Why would they hold back when they have nothing to lose and no perceivable way of being stopped?

That's where I come in, armed with bags full of blood and an iron fire poker that's been blessed by four priests. Not the expected tools for an exorcist but holy words haven't worked against the dead for quite some time and not even a poltergeist can argue against iron and blood.

Blood of their kin works best, something to tie them back to the corporeal plane where they can be bound back to their body or forced to leave the living lands entirely. Not all of them appreciate my work and not a single one of them goes without a fight.

To my current situation - the asshole who's spent the last five weeks trying to kill their parents, manifesting blood from every tap in his childhood home and the one currently trying to spit the aforementioned blood at me. Hardly the first, probably not the last and definitely stubborn enough for me to bring out the poker.

With any luck it'll be over by morning but ghosts this intent on causing bodily harm usually take a few days to evict. I've already used all the blood his parents were able to donate so if it doesn't work tonight then I'll have to wait for them to give me more or take it myself.

Desperate times etc, whatever gets the job done with the least harm to me is my main focus.

They'll live to thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment