20210127

Day 2,333

Something is trying to talk to me. I feel it whispering in my ear at night but I can never make out what it's trying to say. I know it has eight fingers on each hand because it rests its hands on my shoulders when it leans into start whispering to me. I should probably be more frightened about that.

It doesn't stop at whispers. It follows me everywhere and hides just out of sight whenever I spin around to try and catch it out... which is more often than I'd care to admit. I know it's always there though because I'll whisper nonsense to an empty street and hear it whispering back from behind a bin or inside a closed-down shop.

Last week I thought I heard it saying "wake up and grab the bat", which I did. Felt a little bit daft just wandering around the house, following the faint sound of whispering until I'd wandered enough to satisfy it and it led me back to bed.

The next morning my neighbour messaged me to ask who my new roommate was as she saw me giving a tour to a "lanky, overdressed man" at 11PM. I asked her if she took any photos of him, made the excuse that he was very shy and waited for her to respond.

The police pulled up to her front door today, she stopped replying to everyone after she texted me and her grandchildren were concerned. The bodybags came out soon after. Her body had been so utterly brutalised that she fit into three.

I hope our messages don't incriminate me but the way the whispers all sound like "run" suggests they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment