20210313

Day 2,378

They told us there were miracles beneath our skin and begged us to set them free. Those flowery words basically meant 'open your veins and feed us your blood til you're nothing less than a withered husk' which most folks, understandably, did not take kindly to hearing.

Of course there were plenty who took the message to heart with knives in hands and hearts carved out to be used like visceral juice boxes. Though they were few and far between, there were enough that the damned things kept coming back for the rest of us, hoping that we'd all eventually cave.

I know at least a dozen people who tried to compromise and ended up skinbags surrounded by hearty and well-fed creatures who at least had the courtesy to wipe the blood off their faces before moving onto the next house - Lord knows they've been at my door nine times now.

I swear they're getting bigger each time too. Somewhere out there they're getting plenty of blood but the news claims there hasn't been a new death in weeks. That's when I reckoned that the footage wasn't real, that it was well-edited but fake and they were trying a whole new set of tactics to get to the last of us.

For all I know, for all I can trust the rest of the world, I might as well be the last right now.

My plan is to wait as long as possible and then make sure they won't get a single drop from me.

The top options at the moment are a house fire, blood poisoning or the easiest - exsanguination in the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment