20210326

Day 2,391

The silhouettes only appeared to people who were already as good as dead, or so everyone with something to sell claimed. They used the silhouetted figures to fleece anything and everything to protect, attack and otherwise evade what we would soon learn to be the inevitable.

It used to be that you'd see the silhouettes and wind up in a bodybag one way or another, generally within a week. When people started seeing them move, started hearing them speak and began to communicate with them, things began to change and not for the better.

Entire cities were being wiped out overnight and all anyone could talk about was that the silhouettes were saying and how meaningful their conversations were without actually saying what was said in the first place. It was all garbled words as far as I was concerned.

I hadn't even seen one of the silhouettes until last night and now I'm seeing them everywhere. They walk so slowly towards me but veer away at the last second, circling me once and walking back into obscurity. If I try to meet them halfway or make any movement back, they scatter.

Something about me scares them and at this point I'm too relieved to ask what or why.

No comments:

Post a Comment