20210406

Day 2,402

They tried telling me I lost the fingers on my right hand in a car accident five years ago but I know I had them yesterday. But last night I dreamt that something pulled my hand over the edge of my bed and ate those fingers - I remember the unbearable agony and not being able to scream.

I remember it telling me that everything would be different in the morning, everything would be better.

This is just different, not better.

---- ---- ---- ----

It came back last night and pulled half my arm under the bed. I was dangling at such an awkward angle I could barely breathe let alone turn around and see the damned thing but God did I feel every mouthful it took from me. Either I passed out before it had finished or just woke up from a bad dream.

My missing arm indicates the former but everyone else is saying it went in a car accident six years ago.

I wonder if I've woken up at all or if this is all just an elaborate nightmare.

---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- 

---- ----

One arm with just my thumb. My last remaining limb after that damned car accident took it all eleven years ago. It'll be night soon enough and I don't know how I'll continue to document this after it takes my thumb as well - if it stops there. Some nights it takes a lone finger and others a whole leg!

Everyone around me pities me, I can see it in the way they avoid looking at me.

I almost wish that thing would just forget about me and take all their eyes instead.

Maybe I'll be able to speak to it tonight and convince it to try fresher meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment