20210408

Day 2,404

Someone's been putting up signal towers in the forest, broadcasting god knows what to god knows who and all we get for it are strange sounds and stranger sights. Ever since the towers went live the whole area's become infested with flickering, twisting shapes trying to be animals - trying to be us at times.

The more fragile among us, the ones prone to sickness and seeing beyond our vision, have started claiming to hear the most beautiful music coming from the top of the towers. It brought our Morag to tears the other week, she said it was the sweetest and saddest sound she's ever been blessed enough to hear.

I wonder if that's why Jeannie down the road climbed up one and threw herself off. She'd always been a bit on the sensitive side just like our Morag. I do hope the poor dear's in peace and not one of those walking shadows that have been following her family ever since.

Sometimes if the wind blows just right I swear I hear singing coming from the forest and I wonder if it's what our Morag's been hearing. That reminds me, the shadows started following me this morning so I reckon we'd best lock Morag in, just in case.

I'll not be waking up to the feckless police asking me to identify her broken little body.

No comments:

Post a Comment