20210704

Day 2,489

I used to work at a body farm - one of those research facilities that studied decomposition in using donated human remains. Only that articular facility was a little ahead of the rest, a little less known and a whole lot more fucked up than anything else I'd ever experienced.

The only reason I'm breaking the NDA is because they've had a van parked outside my apartment for the last five days so I know I don't have much time left. I shouldn't really be so surprised that they're here for me - ethics can't exist in a place like that.

I quit working there almost a month ago, still haven't found another job and I don't think they'll let me live long enough to anyway. It was all so standard at first, when they only let me work in a small section of woodland and the mock-up house within the borders.

Over time my hard work was noticed and they moved me to a few other areas like a model car park, lakeside, insect beds - the place was way more extensive than the lobby let on. It only got bad when they started using "Stage 0" corpses.

We class decay in five Stages from Stage 1 (autolysis) to Stage 5 (skeletonised) and at Stage 0 they weren't just fresh.

They were still alive.

We were told they were criminals on death row and that they chose to be a part of this pilot scheme. We were told to just set them up like we do with the Stage 1 bodies and study the onset of death as well as the following decay. We were told this was all government approved, all above board.

I believed them til the next Stage 0 they brought in was seven years old.

Everyone had been trying their best to treat the Stage 0's like they were already dead - no talking, no feeding just observing them til they were of no further scientific use. I don't know how in the hell they expected us to ignore a child crying out for their mommy as we tied him up, buried him shallowly and walked away.

I know he would have died eventually but I couldn't take it any longer, I went back there after hours and blocked his breathing tube while he slept. I quit the next day stating a need for a change in career and waited to see what they would do.

I'm still waiting but I won't be for much longer.

They just entered the ground floor.

They'll be with me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment