20210803

Day 2,518

I first saw it in the dungeons - a series of corridors at uni that overlook one of the lesser-used underground car parks. It reminded me of those old bronze statues in museums only more organic and so distorted it took me a good while to realise that it had been based on a human.

It popped up all over the campus - from the fields out back to the nearby lake to the gymnasium but mostly the underground car parks. We all thought it was some weird installation from the art department but none of the students owned up to it and after seeing it walk by itself, I know they had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes it's gone for a few days, I reckon it goes out to the woods to hunt when the campus rabbits are too fast. Hikers and campers are a slower kind of human after all and people always seem to go missing when it isn't around. I don't want to mention my theories to anyone I know though, not til I have proof.

I mean if people took me at my word I'm sure we'd have the damned thing captive by now, what with all the times I've seen it hunkered over the smallish corpse of something. Just last night I saw it walking around wearing the scarf of a young man who hasn't been seen for three days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment