20210808

Day 2,524

When I was a child I was terrified of going downstairs at night to the point that I used to barricade myself in my room each night by pushing my dresser against the door. Every morning I'd wake up in the back garden, finding that my dresser had been thrown across my room and all my clothes arranged into the word

RUN

My parents got annoyed by this within a week of it starting but by the end of that first month they were just as scared as I was. They'd stayed up and seen what was moving my dresser, placing me in the garden and making that same word out of my clothing. And the bastards wouldn't even tell me who or what it was.

I had to find out for myself a few years later by taking caffeine tablets and narcolepsy meds I ordered slightly illegally online. I had to see what was going on - I wanted answers more than anything I'd ever wanted in my whole life. I should have run away the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment