20210828

Day 2,544

There, in the corner of the room, was a tape recorder softly playing my mother's voice begging me to turn around and run. I didn't listen to her of course, never have and never will. Not for a lack of respect mind you, but anger instead. Her mistake led to her becoming trapped in that damned recorder and the thing she unleashed in the process keeps using her to taunt me while it tracks me down.

Bloody nuisance - the both of them.

By now I'm sure she's struck some kind of deal, a me-for-her or my-blood-her-freedom or something along those lines. It'd hardly be the first time I've had to kill whatever she's let loose upon the world with a careless spelling mistake or one slightly crooked glyph.

This time it seems to be a lot smarter than her usual lot. Damn thing's managed to outwit me at almost every turn and tonight was meant to be the end of it. I was supposed to be the first inside the cold war bunker to lay down the traps and use myself as bait but as soon as I entered the main chamber there was mother dearest begging me to run.

Of course she didn't give me enough time to run and instead alerted her creature to my exact location.

I had to crawl through spider-infested air ducts and leg it as soon as I hit the ground.

Bloody thing still managed to get a clawful of my car on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment