20210921

2,568

I don't know if she's keeping the plants alive or if they're keeping her alive but either way she won't wake up any more and there's roots coming out of her skin, sinking deep into the soil below the broken concrete ground. She always loved her greenhouse so I guess it's only fitting for her to spend her remaining time there.

Her skin gets greener every day, she gets thinner too like the plants are eating away at her meat to make way for more roots, shoots and the dozens of flowers clustered in her hair and the corners of her mouth. From a distance it looks like she's smiling but for all I know it's just rigormortis setting in.

She doesn't smell dead, just smells like dirt and warm air. Maybe she's still alive after all, I mean her chest moves like she's breathing for the most part. Other times it moves like she's trying to smuggle a sack of snakes under her jacket. I'd be more worried but among everything else it's really not the worst thing.

I just hope she ain't in pain.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your story. Please send us a sample of your favorite written scene through the contact page on our website for online guest publishing consideration.

    ReplyDelete