20210922

Day 2,570

The road was narrow, trees lined it like the alley walls in the oldest parts of the city only here wasn't nearly as well lit nor half as inviting. It was the kind of road you found yourself trying to find a spot to turn around in, the kind that your map says will lead you to your destination but all you've seen for the last three hours is dense clusters of trees and empty brown fields.

And there I was, driving down this nothing-and-nowhere nightmare road with only the whispering corpse of my great aunt for company. She used to speak full, coherent sentences but since her tongue has started to rot she just continually mumbles to herself.

She's still my copilot though, still pointing me down the road to her resting place and as soon as we get there I can finally bury her and be free again. It's been five months of her leading me on a goddamned goose chase but now that the rot is well and truly setting in she seems to have stopped messing me about and is actually taking this seriously.

If we make it past this endless sprawl of empty fields and sparse woodland that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment