20210926

Day 2,575

Several days should have passed by now but the damned sun refuses to set. The sky is a constant kaleidoscope or oranges, purples and hints of blue to the east but it hasn't moved an inch and the rest of the world either can't see what we're broadcasting or they don't care.

For all we know we died as the sun was setting and this is our collective afterlife. I never thought I'd still have to go to work after I'd died but the universe lives to prove me wrong. Honestly if it was just this endless sunset and all the world ignoring our confusion it wouldn't be all that bad.

But three days ago someone spotted strange figures on the horizon, an army of inhuman shapes gradually closing in. Of course the first thing we all did was try to leave but all the roads just led us straight back to town without so much as a minute passing though we'd been driving for hours.

So to summarise: time is meaningless, there are monsters heading right for us and help isn't coming.

Until the aforementioned monsters arrive, at least I can say that things could be worse.

And when they do arrive I suppose I won't be alive enough to say much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment