20211018

Day 2,595

It blended in with the pipes at first, all metallic skin and sharp angles and I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been quietly crying and bleeding. I started to walk back to the stairwell, planning on just getting a cab home and avoiding whatever the hell this was, until it whispered

please help me

As soon as I heard this, something seeped into my mind and I felt drawn to it, desperate to be close to it and save it... whatever it was. My feet were rushing towards it before I could quite grasp where I was going and what I was seeing as I got closer and closer to the bleeding pipes.

It had such human eyes. Eyes I felt I'd seen a thousand times before and loved in every lifetime. I felt the presence of billions of me's and them's all with the same eyes and all gazing down on us in the third storey of a rundown car park. Everyone was waiting for me to move.

And I did.

I did as I'd felt myself do in every life we'd ever met in.

I reached for its wounded neck, grasped it tightly and twisted til the crying stopped.

I gave it peace.

I always give it peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment