20211020

Day 2,597

My neighbours haven't been the same since that comet fell in the fields outside our homes. I've seen enough movies to know better than to go out looking for it but their damned kids brought it back and every night after this I've been woken up at 4:32AM on the dot - skin feeling like I'm on fire and everything smelling like ozone.

That's when it crashed, you see, down to the exact second. It doesn't feel like it's something alien as such, it's more like a ghost if anything - the traumatic last moments of its life were crashing through the atmosphere and landing outside.

Whatever it was, it died before it hit the ground but it still felt the impact, if my nightmares are to be taken as hauntings rather than standard bad dreams. My neighbours seem to be worse off than me, judging by how tired they look now and how grey their skin seems - like they're covered in dust or ash.

Makes you wonder how bad the haunting is up close.

Makes me glad I stayed inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment