20211101

Day 2,609

I hadn't been to the local theatre since I was a child going to the annual panto with my class as our Christma treat. I remember how excited we always were, how bright and beautiful the stage always looked and how hopeful the world seemed afterwards.

When I received a letter inviting me to a class reunion in that same theatre, naturally I said yes. I figured that while a great deal of time has passed since those idyllic days, I might still be able to recapture it for one night and relive a few preciou memories with people I've long since fallen out of touch with.

I tried to arrive fashionably late so as to not be left awkwardly mingling with two or three people for an uncomfortable amount of time but when I got there, around an hour late, I couldn't find anyone. The doors were open, the lights were on and everything was set up for the event but I was the only one there.

I must have spent a good half hour scouring the place for another living soul, only finding heaps of what I assumed were costumes. I've since been told by the police that these were the last known clothes of all my classmates, none of whom have been seen since.

There was no sign of foul play, no actual bodies found and if I hadn't been so bloody late I might be more help in finding where they were all taken away to. At present I'm still a suspect, one who's just as confused as the police - if not more so.

I keep getting invitations advising that the reunion has been rescheduled, hard to say who's sending these on behalf of someone who's been missing for three months but it's safe to say I'll be passing the messages along to the police and wondering where everyone else went.

No comments:

Post a Comment