20211104

Day 2,612

As everything started to fade he finally knelt down and cradled my body, whispering "You weren't supposed to be here. Nobody was supposed to be here." as if that changed the fact that he shot me not even five minutes ago. I've found that dying makes every second feel like hours, makes you feel calm enough to understand what's going on.

At least it did for me.

While he was starting to sob his heart out, mine was stopping and I could feel myself detaching from my body like slipping out of a too-tight sweater. At that moment I knew I had three choices - float away and dissipate into the peaceful sky, linger and observe the world til I forget who I am and fade into confusion or slip into one of the empty corpses nearby and take him with me.

It'd be the only time I'd ever be able to get away with murder but I'd be stuck in the corpse til it rotted.

I've never been a fan of split-second decisions but I stand by what I did. I dropped into the closest corpse and strangled him out of his body, dragging him into the corpse with me and sealing both our fates for at least a couple years. If it kept him from killing anyone else then it was worth it.

This self-made prison is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment