20220108

Day 2,677

She's at the window again, same as she always is in the evenings, only this time her arms and legs are covered in unblinking eyes. She doesn't blink either but that's hardly new - I don't even think she has eyelids at this point. She still has no tongue or lower jaw though, apparently a fox got to her before her body had been found.

She started appearing around a month after my friend begged me to lie to the cops for him and say he was with me all night and definitely not hitting someone with his car. His car must have been stolen cause I definitely remember picking him up and driving him to my place.

In my defence he never told me he'd hit someone, he just said he'd had a few too many drinks and crashed the car. She was younger than us, maybe a year or two younger than my own sister and a cyclist found her pinned to a tree by his car. Stone cold dead, arm outstretched for her phone which was halfway through the windscreen.

Now she stands outside my window every night, silently begging me to tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment