20220111

Day 2,680

I've driven past the same dead deer five times now and with every pass it moves a little closer, becomes little more upright. Its head follows me like I was the one who ran it over and not the one who swerved out of the way as its fawn staggered out into the road.

Maybe if I'd stopped to chase it and hand it over to one of those wildlife rehab places I wouldn't be under whatever kind of curse this is. I swear if the next corner takes me right back to the start of this damned loop I'll get out and finish the damned deer off myself.


The next corner led straight into a tunnel that had never existed in the otherwise flat forest landscape and after it felt like the tunnel might never end they found themselves driving behind the same car that started this all by hitting whatever demon had been hiding within that deer.

They did what they felt would free them and rear-ended the other car, causing it to crash into a tree.


They woke up behind a smouldering wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment