20220123

Day 2,692

Places like this were designed to be dimensional boundaries, if the stories are to be believed. A liminal nothingness full of dead ends, sharp drops and rooms just unnatural enough to turn your own mind against you and every flickering shadow that may or may not actually be there.

If you ask me what I believe then I'd say I believe we've been followed since we fell down here... but I like to think that I could be wrong. I like to think it's the predatory nature of the minds behind these labyrinths and the ways in which they demand trespassers like us suffer before we find the exit.

I know all the rooms look identical and the vast straw-yellow walls with soft brown carpeted floors seem like they'll never end but stopping is exactly what the architects wanted us to do. Stopping and giving up is as good as slitting our own throats and calling it a day.

I know it sounded like someone just threw something heavy and metal but it's far away enough that we'd hear them running before they can get to us. Just keep looking back and around, never leave a blind spot and keep moving forwards, or as forwards as you can.

I know it feels like we're only going down but we're still heading in the right direction - trust me. We'll hit a new area sooner or later and from there we'll find a way out. We might even find a window we can break and arm ourselves with the glass.

It'll be soon now, just a few more rooms and it'll change.

It'll all change.

No comments:

Post a Comment