20220209

Day 2,708

Have you ever had a dream so terrible that you don't even know why you woke up screaming? The kind of dream where the only thing that sticks in your head and festers there all day is a single phrase that someone said or part of the awful place you were all trapped in.

Mine was "the windowless barn" and I can't remember much of what happened but I do remember that they removed the windows so it couldn't see how long it had been kept in there. They promised it would only be in there for a few days, you see, and in my dream the door was opened and it saw just how much time had passed by just from how tall a single tree had become.

My wife said I woke up screaming someone's name and begging them to run faster.

I was hysterical for a good half hour before I started to actually wake up and realise where I was.

To realise that the windowless barn had all been a dream and we were safe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment