20220327

Day 2,755

For just a split second I saw his eyes recede and the flesh melt from his head in a sharp burst of fire, I smelled burnt meat and heard maggots writhing in what little of him would remain.

And then I let him go to face that future.

I always let them go - I have to. If they try to avoid their future then it only gets worse and a simple heart attack becomes a 9 car pileup followed by eighteen months in a hospital, unable to make a single sound or move an inch while every organ gradually shuts down as death crawls ever closer.

Just a random example.

This one hurt worse then the usual though, this one hit close to home because I knew it'd be the last time I'd ever get walk him to the school bus. They aren't going to find him for months and I can't see where he'll go or try to interfere because it'll only become so much worse - it always becomes so much worse and he deserves a quicker death than that.

They all do but for once I didn't argue with him and let him sit at the front of the bus.

It's more than I should have done but hopefully not enough to alter his future too much.

Just to quicken it a little, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment