20220404

2,763

In hindsight following the bloodied handprints that were smeared along the walls probably wasn't the best idea but it was the only sign of life I'd seen for weeks. I'd have settled for being chased by an Amalgam at that point but as the handprints were definitely human in appearance I assumed there was another survivor I could potentially help and befriend and not be so damned alone in this all.

I was wrong, but it was nice to hope for a little while.

It was decidedly less nice to have to navigate my way back out of the office block with a one-handed amalgam trying to hunt me down and rip me into whatever parts it felt it lacked. Luckily the handprints and blood trail were enough to bring me back to the ground level where I could sprint out into the streets and jump under a car til it passed me by.

In a way I'm glad that I followed it and found it because now I at least have something going on with my life.

Sure it's a tireless creature and an inevitable death but it's better than before.

A relentless enemy is still a kind of company.

No comments:

Post a Comment