20220412

Day 2,771

I kept trying not to put my finger on what was wrong with the room and just carry on cleaning it but you can only ignore wallpaper with teeth for so long before you start to panic. I just needed to finish hoovering the floor, dusting the shelves and take out the trash which would have been so much easier without the sound of grinding and snapping teeth whenever I got too close to a wall.

The damned stuff tried to bite the power cable to the hoover more times than I could count, not that I especially wanted to think about how strong a bite the teeth might have. It was made all the worse when I started dusting and found that somewhere between the rows of teeth was some nose equivalent.

In other words - the walls sneezed.

Sure it's kinda funny in hindsight but at the time I damned near abandoned the office and my job altogether. I wasn't being paid enough to deal with that level of oddity. Still, I opened the window, finished the dusting quick as I could and booked it out of there with the trash in hand.

I forgot to close the window but the client never mentioned it when I showed up in the morning to collect my pay, in fact they tried to arrange a weekly appointment to maintain their space. It was one of the few times that I've turned a job down but I just couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if I got caught by those teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment