20220517

Day 2,806

There comes a time in a child's life when they will be invited to another child's birthday party at some jungle themed playhouse that always smells of pee, always serves their fries lukewarm and always has at least two screaming children somewhere.

Last time I went to one of these I found myself and the birthday boy fighting for our lives against a writhing mass of limbs that had once been several dozen children. A part of us instinctively knew that if it touched us we would become a part of it so we spent our 2 hours playing hide and seek with it.

We managed to escape to the dining area dull of grownups a handful of times, gasping for breath and trying to tell them what we'd seen only to be told that we were imagining it. They gave us water and told us that they didn't pay for 2 hours of us yelling at them.

We were sent back to join the others in running for our lives again and again and again. I lost the birth boy, it's been so long now that I can't even remember his name but I'll never forget his face as it merged with the rest of the children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment