20140728

Day 85

I've never been to my attic.
Not even when I was a kid.
It was just one of those places that was just there.

The thing I remember most about it was the smell.
It was like something sickly sweet but off.
I really don't have the words for it.

About a month ago I went up there for the first time.
It was after my sister passed away and I was left to
sort through the attic to add to our growing pile of
things we were selling.

I stepped up the ladder to a sea of rubbish bags.
I don't know what was worse - the smell or the flies.
Seriously, I'd never seen to many in my life!

Going to the closest bag (after a fair bit of
struggling with the knot) I found ears.
Not just human ears either.

My parents heard me scream and came rushing up.
They yelled at me for worrying them, they couldn't
see the ears.
They said it was just a bag of stuffed toys.

Every bag I opened had some mixture of body parts
and only I could see and smell them.

The absolute worst part?
I found my some of my sister and a note.
It had my name on it and a date.
29/07/14

No comments:

Post a Comment