20141114

Day 194

Mam says our street used to be a graveyard.
She says they got rid the old church cause nobody went there anymore.
We live in one of those houses.
Mam says it helps us be closer to the Lord cause its almost exactly where
the old church stood.

I'd rather we lived somewhere else.
There are small graves behind a bush at the end of our garden, I don't think
mam knows about them and I don't want to tell her.
I'm surprised she hasn't heard them, they cry out almost every night.
They want their mothers.

I tried to help them once but they don't have names, said they died so young
that they never got given any.
How are you supposed to help someone with no name?
They gave me a year though, 1654.
I told them I'd try to help, I promised to.

That's when they came out.
Wanted to make sure I'd remember my promise.
Their hands were so tiny.
They all grabbed my arm, their hands burnt my skin.
I ran inside crying but mam says there's nothing on my arm.

How can she not see their little handprints?
They burnt so deep.
That's not even the worst of it.
I told them last night I couldn't find anything, I couldn't help them.
They haven't stopped screaming since.

I can't go outside now.
They're waiting at the doors for me.
I can hear them knocking right now.
Mam's keeps telling me to answer the door.
Sooner or later someone will.

No comments:

Post a Comment