20141115

Day 195

The boats swayed in the calm harbour.
There was no breeze, no harsh tide, no reason why they should be swaying so violently.
At least, none I could see from my window.

I had to find out what was going on.
The docks were a five minute walk from my house so I didn't feel afraid.
I should have been afraid.

They only rocked at night, as soon as the sun had set they began .
It was near 10pm when I arrived and the rocking was well underway.
The streetlights along the walkway so I could barely make out the cause.

I made the mistake of using my phone light.
There were thin watery hands pushing against the sides, trying to over-turn the vessels.
They whispered  among themselves, hoping a human was onboard.

The boats are rocking faster now.

I can hear their masts clacking together.

Wait, they've stopped.
The boats are still.
I'm going to take a look.



Thryv left the wavyr 

No comments:

Post a Comment