20150108

Day 249

I died just behind my house you know.
Got shot by some guy, never found out who he was until recent.
He comes back here frequently, he might have moved in.
I'm not sure... seeing what the living do is hazy sometimes, like looking at the world through soup.

Mostly I spend my days pacing the garden, occasionally peering into the house.
Every now-and-then I even walk inside.
Not for long though... hurts to be away from my death area.
I say hello to the spirit inside the house, they wave or smile.

It's almost peaceful being here, apart from my killer living there of course.
Last week, the other soul and I met on the stairs.
Neither of us like the people living there and we want them gone.
We agree on a lot of things, it's nice.

Except that we disagree about the house.
See, the other guy thinks that if we destroy our death area our souls can "move on".
He has no idea where we'd go or if it would actually work, he's just desperate to leave.

As a compromise we both started trying to move things but for very different reasons.
I want to kill the people living there, he wants to destroy the whole house.
Made me wonder, could a spirit hurt another spirit?
He was a curious fella so he agreed to test in between our joint efforts to poltergeist.

I could grab him but not pull him, like he was fixed in place and could only move if he chose to.
The same was for me when he tried to shove me, I felt an impact but it was...soft?
It's hard to describe, pushing is like a stiff breeze and grabbing is a bracelet.

The final attempt was a success.
You simply have to think about what you're doing.
Before he fully realised what had happened I'd already torn his arms off.
His head went next, no mess and no noise.

Then he evaporated into nothingness.
I thought he'd be happy having moved on.

Turns out it isn't that simple.
God was he angry when he came back.
Refused to look at me or go near me, he just kept vanishing and reappearing.

I decided my attentions were better suited to moving things and trying to remove the living ones.

He was a quicker learner, managed to beat me to it.
Burnt the whole house down and stood there smiling as he held onto the living by their throats.
when he was sure they were also dead he focused on keeping the fire going, still determined to
destroy everything and battling quite well against the emergency services.

In the end they won and the fire was put out.
As expected there was a lot of sobbing, news crews and the like and it was so tragic the whole
family had died holding hands so hard they'd fused together.

The other spirit is still here, taught me how to start fires.
We've been targeting gas pipes under the ground just to see what will happen.
Most of the area's abandoned now, it's so peaceful.
Well it would be if the other ghosts would leave me be.

Especially the man who killed me.
No matter how many times I tear off his head he just keeps coming back.

I'll get him though, I have an eternity to figure it out and plenty of test subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment