20150206

Day 278

It was bad enough finding a corpse while you were jogging in the woods.
It was worse to find a corpse that talked.

I mean I thought he was actually dead at first, all curled up under a tree.
Went to grab my phone when he turned his head and said "Now that won't be necessary, boyo."
When I say turned his head I mean he snapped it round like an owl.

His face was all shrivelled and warped, he barely looked human.
He wouldn't say how long he'd been there.
Wouldn't let me walk away either, said he needed me to stay put.

"Y'see boyo, there's a small problem with me as ye can probably tell.
I can't die just yet. This is where you come in, now there's a small jar buried just there."
He pointed to a spot about three feet from where he lay.
"I need you to dig it up and smash it so my poor soul can finally rest in peace."

So being naive I agreed to unearth his jar, not even knowing how far down it was buried.
Or if it was buried at all.

I was so focused on finding it I never even noticed him slowly getting up.

I certainly didn't notice the others.

Not until I was surrounded.

They all looked the same.

All the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment